303 Harding Highway
Carneys Point, NJ 08069
Monday through Friday
8:00am - 3:30pm
John W. Palumbo
Permist Processing from 8:00am to 3:30pm
|Building Inspector||John Palumbo||Mon - Thurs, Morning Inspections|
|Electrical Inspector||Brian Hacking||Call for Availability|
|Plumbing Inspector||Dennis Lasassa||Call for Availability|
|Fire Inspector||Louis Polillo||Call for Availability|
|Elevator Inspector||Frank Dougherty||Inspections as Needed|
Permits are required for any pool / structure intended for swimming that holds water over 24 inches. As per IRC AG102
Permit forms can be found on the NJ DCA website :
The following lists of building codes, as found on the DCA website, were adopted by the New Jersey State Uniform Construction Code Act.
These rules relate to the construction, maintenance, occupancy and use of buildings and structures.
It is the intent and purpose of this Act:
- To encourage innovation and economy in construction and to provide requirements for construction and construction materials consistent with nationally recognized standards.
- To formulate such requirements, to the extent practicable, in terms of performance objectives, so as to make adequate performance for the use intended as the test of acceptability.
- To permit to the fullest extent feasible the use of modern technical methods, devices and improvements, including pre-manufactured systems, consistent with reasonable requirements for the health, safety, and welfare of occupants or users of buildings and structures.
- To eliminate restrictive, obsolete, conflicting and unnecessary construction regulations that tend to unnecessarily increase construction cost or retard the use of new materials, products or methods of construction, or provide preferential treatment to types or classes of materials or products or methods of construction.
- To insure adequate maintenance of buildings and structures throughout the State and to adequately protect the health, safety and welfare of the people.
- To eliminate unnecessary duplication of effort and fees in the review of construction plans and the inspection of construction.
The Uniform Construction Code of New Jersey
2018 Internation Building Code, New Jersey Edition
2018 International Residential Code, New Jersey Edition
2018 National Standard Plumbing Code
2019 National Electrical Code
2018 International Fuel Gas Code
2018 International Mechanical Code
2018 International Energy Conservation Code
2019 ICC/ANSI A117.1Acessible buildings Code
Codes available on N.J. State Web Site